Monday, February 27, 2012

22 Weeks

We have officially made it past the halfway mark of this pregnancy and things are really starting to look like a baby is coming (I'm sure I'll say that with each post).  Mom and Dad (or should I say gramma and grampa) were up this weekend to visit and we made a little more progress on the nursery.  We added a crib mattress and changing pad along with cute sheets for each.  Mom and I did some brainstorming on just how to decorate the nursery and have basically decided to sew it all ourselves.  I believe she is picking up the fabric as I type this.  She also reminded me that they have a glider chair in their basement just collecting dust so it looks like that will be making the trip to Washington as soon as we recover the cushions.  It's all starting to come together and I for one and getting more excited each day!
 
Note to baby:
Last week (2/18/12, Week 21) your daddy was able to feel you kick inside my belly!  We were laying in bed on Saturday morning just relaxing (while Sherman was still asleep) before time to get up.  Just then, you must have woken up too because you started to stretch.  I didn't move at all, I just said "put your hand on my tummy" to your dad.  He was able to feel a couple of big moves before you settled down again.  His first response was "she's going to be a boxer."  I'm not sure I liked that idea but I was sure glad he was able to feel you move.  He's felt you a few more times since.  I think he might be as addicted to that feeling as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment