Sunday, March 11, 2012

24 Weeks


Ok...I finally feel like I look pregnant and not just like I've gained a few pounds.  This is week 24 and with 16 more to go the baby has really started to get active.  Nick and I were in Charleston/Mattoon for a while this weekend and I think anyone who wanted, got to feel her kick.  Sherman is certainly enjoying having my belly to lay on in the car.  It's a high enough seat that he can see out the window as we drive. 

Yesterday was my birthday and my wonderful husband got me a trip to San Diego to relax and spend some time together before the baby comes!  I'm so excited to see friends, eat great food and feel the sunshine on my face!  We have already started a list of restaurants we want to go to and considering we will only be there for about 3 days, we might have to have four meals each day in order to make it to them all.

More baby news...this week I go back for this month's check up which includes a glucose test.  Fasting and having to be at the doctor's office for about 2 hours is not my idea of fun but it'll be nice to check in and see how baby and I are both doing. 

Sherman update:  He is officially 6 months old now and probably weighs in at about 7 to 8 lbs.  He still makes us laugh everyday and we still comment on just how cute he is all the time.  We were thinking maybe he'd stopped growing but he seems to be sleeping (on my lap) a lot lately so he could very well be having another growth spurt.  He's so snugly when he sleeps and I'm certain that Nick and I enjoy the snuggling as much or more than him.

Well that's about all for now.  Hope you had as great of a weekend as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment