Sunday, February 5, 2012
Dear Baby
You and I have had a few milestones lately. Last week, on Saturday (January 28, week 18), your dad and I had just woken up from a nap with Sherman. We were having a snack on the couch before heading to dinner at the Wetzel's, when all the sudden I felt a little flutter in the lower left part of my tummy. This was the first time I was certain that I was feeling you move. Every other time I thought I'd felt you had been in the middle of the night when I was half asleep, and the vivid dreams you've been giving me made me question if it was you or my imagination. Not this time. This time I was certain it was you. I immediately grabbed your dad's hand and put it on my belly, but you must have gotten comfortable already for you didn't move again. You couldn't have chosen a better time to make your first move. You had been causing me some pretty bad tummy aches for a little over 24 hours the day before. I'll admit that you had me worried, but I was trying to be strong and not one of those antsy mom's that call the doctor with every new feeling. You certainly made me feel better when you made your little move.
This week we go back to the doctor to find out if you are a boy or a girl. Dad and I are very excited to know more about you and to get the chance to see you again. Gramma and Grampa Metzger also ordered your crib and changing table today. I'm excited to have your room started and to get ready for you to arrive.
I'm starting to really enjoy being pregnant, even though you have started making it difficult for me to sleep too well. I tell your dad how I'm just uncomfortable at night, and he reassures me by telling me it's just going to get worse. His comedy always makes me feel better. You also are starting to take up enough room in my tummy that I have to get up to go to the bathroom at least twice a night. It doesn't matter though. It will all be worth it when you get here and when can hold you in our arms. We love you already.
-Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i must stop reading these at school because every time i read your blog i get tears of joy in my eyes! i can't wait to find out if baby miller will be a boy or girl! either way, LET THE SHOPPING BEGIN! have a great week and talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteI love you. sniff. sniff. You are going to be as great at being a Momma as you are at being a daughter. (and writer.)
ReplyDeleteOh Kristin! This made me tear up. You and Nick are going to be such amazing parents. I'm so happy and beyond excited for you and your upcoming adventures with this precious baby. I love you and miss you both so much!
ReplyDelete-Claire Bear
Yay!!!! So excited ! Cute message the little gal will enjoy to read someday ! Let's get together again before too long!
ReplyDelete