Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Update...

It's been more than a month since my last post and we have been busy making lots of decisions since then.

First, we did an apartment hunting trip to San Diego and found our new home!  We will be in La Jolla, which is just about 15 minutes north of downtown and about 15 minutes east of the ocean!  Also here is a picture of Nick's work.  You can't see it in the picture, but just on the other side of the street is the bay.






While in San Diego we ate at some amazing restaurants that we can't wait to go back to.  I had done some research and read that the best Mexican food in San Diego could be found at the Old Town Mexican Cafe.  I can't really say it's the best in town since it's the only place I've tried, but it was certainly great Mexican food. These two guys even sang to us as we waited for our food.  The other amazing food we had while there was at a place called Hash House A Go Go.  Crazy name, I know, but it was named best breakfast in San Diego and I can tell you right now it is some of the best breakfast food I have had anywhere!  I have read the lunch and dinner menus as well and look forward to trying them too!  Please come to San Diego for a visit so I have an excuse to go to these great restaurants again!


Not long after getting back to Illinois, we had to make a decision on my car.  We ended up going with  a 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid.  It is essentially the exact same car I had only it's the Mercury version, and it had less milage.   It is black and has leather interior and a sunroof and GPS and lots of bells and whistles that the Ford didn't have.  Of course Nick's biggest concern is that I will get used to all those bells and whistles.

No comments:

Post a Comment