Tuesday, September 25, 2012

3 Months Old! (September 23, 2012)


At 3 months old, Charlotte is learning so much.  

At the beginning of the month she was baptized at the Washington Presbyterian Church.  I won't talk too much about it since it got it's own post a few days ago but it was without a doubt one of my proudest moments.

I love taking Charlotte out on the town.  She's always a joy to be around but right now when we are out, she is just so wide eyed.  It's as if she is so eager to learn and just can't take it all in fast enough.  She wants to see it all!  She likes to be out of her car seat so she can see as much as possible.  Her dad says Lowes is her favorite store and that she would like gift cards for Lowes for Christmas. 

 Recently, she had a streak of sleeping through the night for 10 straight nights.  Most of those nights were 9 or 10 hours each.  She goes to bed about 8pm each night and wakes around 6am.  She is still in the nap nanny and I admit, that is a habit that I'm just too lazy to work on breaking.  She doesn't gag as often anymore but still isn't rolling over so I guess I have a little time before I'm forced to lay her flat in her crib.  Her nap schedule is still sporadic.  Some days she has some long naps but she tends to be awake more during the day since she is sleeping through the night more. 

She smiles!  Oh does she smile!  And we will do anything to get that look on her face.  And it's not a straight out giggle but the sound she makes during her biggest smiles just melts my heart.  I was once addicted to feeling her kick inside me and now that addiction has transferred to her smile.  Things that typically result in her smiling: Eskimo kisses, lifting her up and down above your head, Nick, a smile on the face of the person holding her, laughing, Ralph (a stuffed animal monkey), and seeing herself in the mirror (as in the picture below).  However, I find it very difficult to get a photo of her smiling.

It is just as difficult to get a video of her "talking".  Which she does a lot of.  Unless the camera is in her face.  That's when she stops.  It totally cracks us up to listen to her though.  The best way to keep her going is to talk back to her in her gibberish language.  So basically the conversations in our home these days sound quite odd. 

She is also slobbering ALL THE TIME.  Enough to make outfit changes a necessity.  Enough that we are watching for teeth even though it's a bit early for that.  If you spend some time around our house, you will most certainly hear someone say "wipe your chin Ardie" or "hey slobber bucket" or "there must be a hole in your lip". 

Charlotte now weighs about 14 lbs.  She doesn't have to go back to the doctor until the end of October. 

Recently we went for a little trip to the pumpkin patch.  Photos were a major part of the trip but it was a really windy day and Charlotte was ready to get out of the wind.  It will certainly be more fun to do this again next year when she can run around and enjoy the animals and pumpkins.  All I wanted was a picture of our pumpkin (as her daddy calls her) with some pumpkins (see top of post).


Another fall tradition that I wanted to continue with her was riding in the combine with my dad.  We were able to make that happen a couple of weekends ago.  I know I enjoyed it very much and I'm pretty sure my dad did too.  Charlotte fell asleep not long after we headed out so we know she liked it. 

We can't wait to see what she has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment