On Sunday September 2, Nick and I had the pleasure of having Charlotte baptized at our church here in Washington. It was a lovely ceremony and much of our family was here to celebrate with us. Charlotte wore the baptismal gown that I and her Uncle Dale wore when we were baptized. Grandma Nancy made it for us and we were quite thrilled to use it again for Charlotte. Much of the congregation (family or not) was moved to tears as Grandpa John sang "Masterpiece" just as he did at my baptism. Charlotte was a star through the whole thing. She never cried and was awake and wide eyed through it all. We had a small brunch with the congregation after the service and then lunch with family at home afterward. We were exhausted by the end of the day but it was all worth it. I told Nick that evening, "I am one happy momma today!" We are so blessed to have such close family and our cup certainly runith over to have them here to celebrate the joy that Charlotte brings to our lives.
Matthew 28:19, 20 “Go
ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the
Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you
always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

No comments:
Post a Comment