Monday, April 9, 2012

Farm Dog Camp, San Diego and 28 Weeks





 Lots of things to update this week.  We started out the week sending Sherman to Farm Dog Camp at Grandma and Grandpa Metzger's  house.  We didn't cry when he left but we did insist on Skyping with him the next night.  I don't think he missed us but he was sure happy to see us when we picked him up today.  He had lots of great adventures on the farm and even got to sleep all night in their bed one night.  Here are a few of the pictures that mom and dad sent us while we were away.

For one last vacation before the baby comes, Nick took me to San Diego where we could truly relax.  We already knew what restaurants we wanted to eat at, didn't need to see any of the sights, and had some great friends to have dinners with while we visited.  It was a very relaxing few days that we both needed.  My friend Emily even took some great pregnancy photos of me (and Nick) around the Hotel Del on Coronado.  We had a great time doing it and can't wait to see the finished product in a few weeks!

Unfortunately my morning sickness decided to rear it's ugly head a few times and made the trip back one of the worst days of my life.  Nick says that little missy was just trying to tell us she was upset we were leaving California.  I was just glad when she finally let me keep some water down.  We made it home finally and having only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before our flight, went straight to bed for a nap when we got home at 5pm.  Funny thing though...we ended up sleeping through the night till 7 the next morning!  I guess we really needed that nap! 


We of course miss San Diego already (not that we ever stopped) and wish we could have spent more time in America's finest city.  It's certainly a city we love and hope our kids will love someday too.




Starting to round out a little now.  I was afraid it had actually gotten smaller after a full day of not being able to keep down food or drink, but I think the picture proves I'm/she's still growing!



No comments:

Post a Comment