Tuesday...Free day at the museums of Balboa Park...I went to the Natural History Museum where they are currently featuring Dinosaurs, working with the Field Museum in Chicago (felt a bit like something I'd seen before). Free day at the museums in the summer means lots of kids. running everywhere. I learned 2 things while at the museum that day. One, it's a pretty small museum so go on free day because it is not worth paying for (in my opinion). Two, EVERYONE goes on free day so don't expect the quiet museum atmosphere.

Wednesday...I start dog sitting for some friends of ours. They have two great big rottweilers that are just big puppies. Odie (photo on left) is the oldest and unfortunately suffering from cancer. He likes to cuddle on the couch, eat treats, catch toys in mid-air, and watch TV. Danke (photo on right) is a bit younger but just as lazy. She enjoys sleeping most of the day away, playing with any toy Odie currently wishes to play with, and having her rear end scratched (if you just put your hand on her back, she will do the wiggling required to scratch her itch). I stopped by all week to let them out while their dad is at work and mom is in Alaska for the National Guard. This week, I will be staying with them at their house while mom and dad are both out of town.
Thursday...nothing too exciting to write about. I think I quilted most of the day and worked on the computer too. That is until it was time to go take care of the dogs.
Friday...All this past week it was cool and gloomy here. Never really got above 65 outside and the sun didn't make it through the clouds so it felt cooler. Friday, the sun returned and I was quite glad to see it. This is a photo of the courtyard that our balcony over looks. The sky was blue again and I wanted to take a picture. This is what it looks like most days here. I can't believe we've been here a month already! Makes me want to make a list of all the things I still want to do and get started on it. Just 11 months left! EEK!



Saturday...Nick did some overtime work today for a few hours. He go home in time to take me out for dinner. I decided I wanted to keep it cheap because there is a dessert place I have been wanting to visit and two restaurants in one night in San Diego can add up quick. I read about a cheap but really good Mexican restaurant in the gas lamp district that I decided we should try. After getting downtown, finally finding a parking spot, and then finally finding the restaurant, it was closed and being turned into something else. We drove some more before deciding on a pizza place in Little Italy that always always has a line out the door. It was pretty good (no Pagliai's of course) and we were really hungry after all that driving and then waiting in line for 30 min. The picture at the top on the left is of the line once it gets inside! Then it was off to Extraordinary Desserts where we would again be waiting in line just to get in the door. The way I see it, a line means good food. According to the sign outside, they have over 700 desserts that they rotate hourly, so don't go in thinking you want what you had last time because there will be something else there that will tempt you in another direction. The photos here are just the few "buffets" I could get photos of before having to make a decision on which one I wanted! We decided on a triple chocolate mousse cake as shown here on the bottom right. YUMMY!

Sunday...La Jolla Cove and beach. We took books and a blanket and wanted to see the seals. We learned that on Sundays in the summer, there is live music at the cove which was nice. As it ended up, we were there for about 3 hours just enjoying the view, the sun, the people, and the water. The picture on the left is the day's hang out for the seals. They really blend in well with the rocks! The photo on the right is one of the many caves that La Jolla Cove is known for. We have lots of exploring to do in this area still! The day ended with dinner (made by Kristin), dessert (made by Nick), and Wii Bowling with Danke, Odie, and their dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment