Tuesday, August 5, 2014

24 weeks

Baby girl is still kicking away! Sometimes it is enough to make me sick even. I don't remember Charlotte kicking this much. 

I feel like I'm starting to look pregnant but at the same time, in the right outfit, I can still hide it which is helpful when interviewing for jobs.  Baby girl is giving me reflux like crazy. Sometimes my throat seems to be on fire nonstop all day. Burping doesn't help and she has me doing that often too. 

We spent last weekend in Vincennes for Grandma Virginia's 80th birthday. Charlotte had a lot of fun with Emily and Racheal and Will chasing puppies and frogs and pigs and riding in the golf cart.  She was pretty tired after spending all day outside. Oh and she ate more fruit that day than I think she ever has. Strawberries and watermelon and grapes and more watermelon. They sent us home with a melon and peaches and lots of sweet corn! 

The previous weekend was quite exciting as well.  Grandma Karla came up Thursday night to play all day with Charlotte on Friday. Charlotte ended up riding back to Charleston with her and staying all night with grandma Becky and grandpa Alan while Nick and I got her new room painted!  It wasn't quite dry enough to have it all back together before she got home but as soon as the new pink sheets went on the bed she was sold.  She helped me mover stuff from the nursery to her new room that evening and has been sleeping there for over a week now!  And sleeping more through the night too! She seems to have totally taken to it and I'm so glad!  

Next we need to get the nursery back to infant ready. Which unfortunately means venturing to the basement to find the tub with newborn clothes in it. I'm letting myself take a break from it until we get back from San Diego. Nick did take the initiative and change the toddler bed back to a crib already. I didn't know he was doing it and it's amazing how much of a difference it makes in the room.  It's back to being a baby room with just that one change.  

Potty training is another step we'd like to take before the baby arrives. I really don't want to be buying diapers for two kids. They are expensive enough for just one. So far Charlotte isn't showing all the signs of being ready though. She doesn't mind wearing a wet diaper still although a poopy one must come off immediately. I don't want to push the issue as I've heard that can drag it out but at the same time I REALLY would like it to happen soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment