
There is just so much to report this month that I am going to have to split it into two posts. The beginning of March has been great...we spent the first full weekend celebrating my birthday. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a firm believer in the birth-week. Anyway...Nick wanted to take me to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum since I had been wanting to go for a while. If you
haven't been, I highly
recommend it. We were there for 3 hours just wandering through the exhibits. Don't get me wrong, it is a museum. Don't expect fireworks. But I was
thoroughly impressed with the use of technology and how Lincoln was portrayed. I was surprised to see them show both positive and negative views of his political stance. So many museums show what they want the public to see rather than the whole truth. We were very impressed with everything.

So we spent all Saturday in Springfield before I started my new job on Monday! I am very excited to be back in special event planning. I am working for a banquet facility in Peoria managing two banquet rooms as well as an outdoor ceremony location. I have definitely missed working with brides. It's not all rosy. Training never is though. There is a lot for me to learn about the way they do business and the vast menu they offer. So many options for brides means a lot of confusion for me. Anyway, as long as Caterpillar keeps us in the Peoria area, I will be at Ravina on the Lakes taking care of the brides and grooms. I'm looking forward to working my first event! Once I know more that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment